How long will the treatment take is a question that we get asked often – from “How long will the treatment session last?” to “How long will it take for me to be pain free / start feeling better?”
The first question is easy to answer. We allow up to 30 minutes for each of your treatment sessions. Included in this time will be a mixture of talking about your concerns, assessing and treating you, giving exercises or discussing postures at home and work, therefore you may not receive 30 minutes of “hands-on” treatment. We do offer 1 hour treatments, which your practitioner will discuss with you if they feel more time is needed to help you get back to health.
How long will it take to get better is a more difficult question to answer as everyone is different: you heal at different rates, have different lifestyles and how you have ended up with the symptoms you are suffering with will be uniquely yours.
What I can tell you is that:
- We will assess you on an individual basis and devise a treatment plan for you.
- We will discuss with you what is happening with your body.
- We will not treat you for longer than you need.
- We like to see an improvement within 3 sessions, but depending on how long you have been experiencing your symptoms this may be a little bit longer.
- We will recommend treating you weekly until your symptoms start to resolve and we may then recommend extending the treatments out – this is to make sure that you are able to get back to enjoying your life and ensure that the problem is not returning or being aggravated by something in your lifestyle.
Many patients return for maintenance / prevent treatments every 6-8 weeks or at an interval that suits you – this is because both you and I have identified that you would benefit from regular treatment keeping the body as healthy as it can be – after all you get your eyes and teeth checked regularly – even your car!